Black Cohosh is classified as a bitter, astringent, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory herb. The “black” refers to the plant’s dark medicinal roots, while the word “cohosh” is Algonquian (Native American) for “rough”, another reference to the roots.
This herb was traditionally used by the North American Indians to relieve menstrual pain and cramping due to its relaxant and antispasmodic actions. Black cohosh is classified as a bitter, astringent, anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory herb.
Each capsule contains:
- Cimicifuga racemosa (Black cohosh) root powder 525mg
INDICATIONS FOR USE
- Traditionally used for the relief of menstrual pain and cramping.
- Black cohosh has anti-inflammatory properties and may provide temporary relief of the pain of rheumatoid arthritis.
DOSAGE Adults: Take one capsule with a meal twice daily.
CAUTIONS If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner. In very rare cases, Black cohosh has been associated with liver failure.
If yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dark urine, nausea, vomiting, unusual tiredness, weakness, loss of appetite or abdominal pain occurs, stop using this product and seek medical advice.
Do not use if pregnant or lactating.
Black Cohosh 525mg 100 Capsules
- Traditionally used for the relief of menstrual pain and cramping
- Black cohosh has anti-inflammatory properties
- Provide temporary relief of the pain of osteoarthritis
Take one capsule with a meal twice daily.