The aged, dried bark of Cascara sagrada, also known as ‘sacred bark’ was traditionally used by the North American Indians as a laxative and is now one of the most popular herbal laxatives being used today. Cascara sagrada influences intestinal contractions and will generally promote a bowel movement within 6-12 hours. It is important to drink plenty of water and increase fibre in the diet to assist healthy bowel movements.
Each capsule contains:
- Rhamnus purshianus (Cascara sagrada) bark powder 400mg
INDICATIONS FOR USE
- Aids or assists in the relief of constipation.
- Cascara sagrada acts as a herbal laxative for the symptomatic relief of constipation.
DOSAGE Adults: Take one capsule with a meal twice daily with a glass (250mL) of water. It is recommended this product not be taken by children under 12 years of age.
CAUTIONS Prolonged use may cause serious bowel problems. If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner. Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present or if you develop diarrhoea. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding seek the advice of a healthcare practitioner.
Should not be taken in pregnancy or lactation without professional advice.
Cascara Sagrada 400mg 100 Capsules
- Aids or assists in the relief of constipation
- Acts as a herbal laxative for the symptomatic relief of constipation
- Helps cleanse the colon of toxins
Adult: Take one capsule with a glass (250mL) of water twice daily. Children: It is recommended this product not be taken by children under 12 years of age.